Advanced World Systems, Inc. and Advanced World Solutions, Inc. (hereafter collectively referred to as "the Company"), in order to protect "personal information" of its customers and employees, herewith establishes the rules and an administrative structure, and sets forth the following policies concerning the protection of personal information. The Company is committed to safeguarding the privacy of personal data in accordance with applicable laws, particularly RA10173 otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012. All officials and employees of the Company shall be well informed of such policies for its proper implementation.
The Company appropriately collects personal information from its customers and employees and utilizes such information for purposes that are within the scope of permission as obtained from the concerned individuals, and will not utilize nor make available such information for any other purpose. Moreover, the Company will take necessary and appropriate internal measures to ensure this policy.
The Company will comply with regulations concerning the protection of personal information, guidelines and other such laws as promulgated by the country of operation when employing personal information management systems.
The Company will take appropriate preventive measures and corrective actions against loss of, damage to, or leakage of personal information.
The Company will respond promptly to complaints or consultations regarding personal information being managed by the Company.
The Company has appointed a data protection officer, who has been given the authority and responsibility to act and to conduct proper management. Further, the Company will continuously improve the personal information management system by conducting regular audits and reviews.
About the Handling of Personal Information
I. Officer in charge of the protection of personal information:
Data Protection Officer
II. Purposes of the Use of Personal Information:
The Company collects personal information for purposes as described below:
for announcements of new products and services;
as a communication point for the conduct of business or after-sales service;
for recruitment activities, human resource management, temporary staff placement management;
for responding to inquiries and requests for the disclosure of personal information received by the Company.
III. In the event of item II (3) above, there may be instances where personal information is released. However, in that case, such will be handled according to the following:
- Personal information to be released: full name, address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, bank account number;
- Release method: hand-over of printed document;
- Recipients: bank, labor management firms, organization(s) to which temporary staff are placed
- The Company may enter into an agreement covering the protection of personal information with the abovementioned recipients.
However, in the following cases, personal information may be released even without the consent of the persons concerned:
- when there is legal basis;
- in cases where it is necessary for the protection of the life, person or property of the concerned individual (and legal entity), and where it is difficult to obtain the consent of the parties concerned;
- when it is for the improvement of public health or for the promotion of the sound upbringing of children, and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the parties concerned;
- in cases where it is necessary to cooperate towards the conduct of legal matters as set by government agencies, regional government institutions or persons accorded such governmental authority, and when the acquisition of consent from the parties concerned may present an obstacle to the accomplishment of the aforementioned legal matters.
IV. Consignment of Personal Information
In the conduct of business, the Company may consign the processing of all or part of its collected personal information to an outside party. In this case, the Company shall select the consignee that can appropriately handle personal information, and will make the necessary arrangements to enter into a contract with the consignee to ensure the proper handling and management of confidentiality of personal information in order to prevent leakage.
V. Sharing of Personal Information
In carrying out personal information utilization (item II(1) above), the Company may share personal information, for as long as this corresponds to the context and limitations below:
- Personal information to be shared: full name, designation, business address, email address, telephone/fax number;
- Recipients are limited to: affiliate and partner companies published on the Company’s website;
- Management of shared personal information: the Company’s Data Protection Officer;
- Method of acquiring appropriate personal information: application forms for seminars, etc., business cards.
VI. Voluntary Nature of the Submission of Personal Information, and Consequences of Non-Submission of Personal Information
The items of personal information obtained by the Company are entirely those provided voluntarily by the persons concerned. However, in cases where the Company is not able to obtain necessary information, obstacles may arise in the processes or procedures in the Company’s stated purposes of the use of Personal Information.
VII. Methods of obtaining personal information that cannot be readily recognized
The Company will never employ methods of obtaining personal information that the parties concerned cannot easily recognize (e.g., Cookies, etc.).
VIII. Notification, Disclosure, Correction, Addition, Deletion of Purposes of the Use of Personal Information, Suspension of the Use of Personal Information, Elimination of Personal Information, and Suspension of Release to Third Parties of Personal Information
With regards to the personal information that the Company stores, only the person concerned, or a duly-designated representative, can request for notification, disclosure, correction, addition, deletion of purposes of the use of Personal Information, suspension of the use of Personal Information, elimination of Personal Information, and suspension of release to third parties of Personal Information. To this end, please use the contact information below. In such case, in order to prevent unintended disclosure or transfer of information, etc., verifiable personal identification must be presented, and corresponding procedures set forth by the Company will be followed.
The disclosure of personal information falls under item (1) to (4) of the II Purposes of the Use of Personal Information, in this policy.